In a world often marked by discord, Dr. Abdul Basit Syed, Founder Chairman of World Humanitarian Drive (WHD), stands as a beacon of hope, advocating for global harmony through his unwavering commitment to peace and education. WHD, an International NGO with chapters spanning 12 countries, spearheads a multitude of initiatives that transcend borders, instigating positive change across the globe.
Trade 4 Peace: Forging New Paths
One of WHD’s flagship programs, “Trade 4 Peace (T4P),” devised by Dr. Abdul Basit Syed, seeks to foster trade harmony. It dismantles trade barriers, creating opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration and reinforcing the multilateral trading system. This initiative paves the way for a fair trade cycle that bolsters the global economy and promotes lasting peace.
World Moral Day: A Day of Compassion and Unity
Dr. Syed’s campaign for “World Moral Day” is a call for universal morality. He aspires to have the United Nations declare the 2nd of September, commemorating the end of World War II, as World Moral Day. By uniting world leaders and UN envoys, this initiative promotes the practice of ethics and morality in every corner of the world.
The Science Bazaar: Nurturing Young Innovators
“The Science Bazaar” is WHD’s ongoing initiative, designed to empower and celebrate exceptional talent. Recognizing and supporting transformative discoveries, this program aims to make these innovations economically viable. It provides a platform for young minds to shine and presents their ingenious ideas for the betterment of society.
Honouring the Honourable: Recognizing Contributions
WHD’s “Honouring the Honourable” initiative is a noble endeavor to identify and acknowledge individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the world. Through this, WHD highlights and rewards those who have made a difference.
WHD’s activities span a wide spectrum, encompassing arts, media, trade, research and development, equality, social welfare, interfaith dialogues, youth, and women’s movements. However, amid the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic, WHD has shifted its focus to virtual events, aiming to create positive ripples worldwide.
Inspiration Amidst the Pandemic: Virtual Initiatives
In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, WHD has taken creative steps to inspire and unite people globally:
– COVID Times Poetry (April 22, 2020): WHD initiated a poetry competition to uplift spirits and encourage people to battle the pandemic through the power of words.
– People of Faith Rising Above COVID-19: This initiative, which commenced on March 27, 2020, saw participants from sixteen countries sharing multi-lingual poetry, fostering a sense of togetherness during the lockdown.
– WHD Business Conference (May 30, 2020): As economic challenges loomed, WHD’s Malaysia Chapter hosted this event to promote entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
– WHD Student Debate (June 6, 2020): Youth in Nepal engaged in a debate on the topic “Science or Commerce: Most Impactful in the 21st Century,” showcasing their adaptability in a world grappling with change.
– Stars of COVID (June 28, 2020): WHD recognized unsung heroes who served humanity during the COVID-19 crisis through its “Honouring The Honourable” initiative.
– Building Bridges Talk (August 8, 2020): WHD USA organized a webinar to address issues faced by asylum seekers and immigrant children, promoting hope and support.
– Climate Action Talk (August 14, 2020): Amidst the pandemic’s impact on various sectors, WHD Nepal Chapter discussed climate issues and reforms, emphasizing the need to preserve the environment.
– Singing for Peace (August 19, 2020): WHD launched its South Korean Chapter with a musical event, promoting human values and unity through music.
– Humanitarians Vision (August 22, 2020): WHD gathered renowned speakers to discuss a vision of peace within humanity, inspiring humanitarian activities in Bangladesh.
– Embracing World Moral Day (September 2, 2020): WHD campaigned for “World Moral Day” to instill moral values as the foundation of a harmonious world.
– A Morale Mellow (September 2, 2020): A song release celebrated “World Moral Day,” composed to inspire a path of righteousness.
– Humanitarian Activism (September 2, 2020): Despite the challenges of the pandemic, WHD distributed essential aid, symbolizing love and care for those in need.
– Gifting Nature (September 3, 2020): WHD India Chapter planted trees and distributed seeds to preserve the environment, leaving a legacy for future generations.
– Moral of Existence (September 5, 2020): A seminar discussed the role of morals in daily life.
– Challenges & Choices (September 16, 2020): WHD Malaysia united differently-abled leaders, recognizing their courage and contributions to humanity.
– Overseas Peace Talk (September 21, 2020): WHD India Chapter organized a peace talk, highlighting the importance of integrity and equality.
– Hate Crime Awareness Week (October 10, 2020): In Croydon, WHD launched an event to raise awareness of hate crimes and pay tribute to Sgt Matt Ratana.
– Liveable Planet Earth (October 15, 2020): WHD partnered with the APJ Abdul Kalam International Foundation to host H.H. Dalai Lama on the 89th birth anniversary of Dr. Abdul Kalam.
– Knowledge Saves Lives (October 22, 2020): WHD Nepal Chapter conducted an event to promote knowledge about breast cancer, featuring a survivor and medical experts.
– Breast Cancer Hub (October 23, 2020): WHD USA Chapter raised awareness about breast cancer, emphasizing the importance of self-care and preventive screening.
– Self Examining Workshop (October 27, 2020): WHD Bangladesh organized a self-examining program for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
– Malaysia for Peace (November 5, 2020): WHD united community leaders to promote peace and solidarity in the face of the ongoing pandemic.
Through these initiatives and events, WHD has made significant strides in spreading messages of peace, morality, and unity, transcending boundaries and inspiring individuals to make the world a better place. As Dr. Abdul Basit Syed’s visionary leadership continues to guide WHD, the organization stands poised to make an even greater impact in the future.