Geyser blast inside the kitchen leaves house owner dead in Central Kashmir

A house owner died on the spot while his wife and minor son sustained injuries after a portion of the wall and roof collapsed due to a geyser blast in Narkara village of central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Wednesday morning.

Local sources told the news agency Kashmir News Trust that there was a massive explosion after a geyser fitted in the kitchen of a house exploded. The explosion damaged the concrete walls and the roof of the house.

They said that the house owner identified as Manzoor Ahmed Dar got buried under the debris and died on the spot while his wife and minor son sustained injuries. The injured have been undergoing treatment at JVC Hospital Bemina.

Police in this regard have registered a case and started an investigation. In the past as well, several people have died in the geyser blasts. Experts say geysers usually burst due to overheating and exceeding temperatures. [KNT]

Network KNT

Network Kashmir is sister concern of Kashmir based News Agency Kashmir News Trust. Network KNT is a sincere attempt from budding Journalists of Kashmir to present News in its true form without any favoritism and bias.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button