Electric equipment store gutted in South Kashmir’s Kulgam

A fire broke out in an electric equipment store adjacent to a residential house in Okei village of South Kashmir’s Kulgam on Tuesday morning.

Local sources said that many electronic appliances including refrigerators and washing machines were damaged in the incident, however, rescuers managed to save scores of appliances before the fire engulfed the warehouse.

They said various fire tenders were pressed into service to extinguish the fire. No injuries have been reported and the reason for the fire is attributed to a short circuit.

The warehouse owner remained unavailable to elaborate on the estimated cost of loss. An official said that the quantum of loss is being estimated. [KNT]

Network KNT

Network Kashmir is sister concern of Kashmir based News Agency Kashmir News Trust. Network KNT is a sincere attempt from budding Journalists of Kashmir to present News in its true form without any favoritism and bias.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button