A 52-year-old government employee working in the Power Development Department died in harness after receiving an electric shock while repairing a power cable in the Kunzar area of North Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Monday.
The victim is survived by two issues who alleged that their father died because of the negligence of the concerned Power Department.
Locals told the news agency Kashmir News Trust that Bashir Ahmed Khan son of Ghulam Ahmed a resident of Ganai Mohalla, Burun Pattan who was working as a Lineman in the Power Department was repairing a cable at Batapora Kunzar. He received an electric shock as the snapped power supply was restored without his information.
He was taken to Community Health Centre Kunzar where doctors declared him dead.
The family of the victim demanded a probe into his death saying that no mechanism was followed while the deceased was restoring the power cable. They said the victim was not even provided the safety tools. [KNT]