HealthKashmir

Enjoying ‘Wazwan’ proves costly for guests, 12 suffer food poisoning in North Kashmir

Kashmir News Trust [KNT]

At least 12 persons fell ill due to suspected food poisoning on Tuesday after consuming Wazwan at a marriage party in Hajin Kralgund area of North Kashmir’s Kupwara district.

Locals said that soon after villagers took the feast yesterday at a marriage ceremony at Bata Gund Mawer,  they complained of vomiting, dysentery and fever, prompting some of them to seek treatment at CHC Kralgund.

They said that today also more than 12 people complained of the same problems following which they were admitted to CHC Kralgund.

“All the guests who had consumed the food and those with whom they shared the mutton at home fell sick,” said a local Riyaz Ahmad .

Zonal Medical Officer Kralgund,  Dr Showkat told  Kashmir News Trust that CHC Kralgund has received 12 patients who were undergoing treatment at the facility. After that Seven patients were referred to Distract Hospital Handwara, he said.

He said that people who have consumed the Wazwan complained of vomiting, high fever and dysentery soon after they finished the meals.

“The people have fallen ill due to food poisoning and it will take them few days to recover,” he added.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button