KashmirTourism

Horse electrocuted to death: Courtesy: alleged negligence of Sonmarg Development Authority

Sonmarg, May 21, KNT: A horse died, of electrocution at tourist resort Sonmarg due to alleged negligence of Sonmarg Development Authority.

One of the electric poles installed by Sonmarg Development Authority (SDA) had been uprooted last week at Thajvas Road. Even after a week, SDA didn’t bother to re-install or relocate the electric pole to another place.

Mushtaq Ahmed Raina-the owner of the horse who lives in Gohipara village of Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district told news agency Kashmir News Trust that he lost his horse due to the negligence of the SDA.

“My horse was walking and got electrocuted once came into the contact of the electric pole that was lying on the ground,” Raina said and sought action against the erring officials.

Locals lambasted SDA for not attending the fallen electric police. “In place of a horse, it could have been a tourist. Action should be taken against the negligent employees,” they demanded.

In response to the allegations, Chief Executive Officer Sonmarg, Mushtaq Ahmed Rather told KNT over the phone that the horse possibly died after consuming some poisonous herbs.

“Current was not passing through the electric pole. Most probably, the horse after consuming some poisonous herbs died near the electric pole. Postmortem can substantiate our claim,” he said adding that there is a separate pony track and the owners should not throw open their horses in the open. (KNT)

Sponsored
Watch & Like ‘Crazy Bus’

Neyaz Elahi

Neyaz Elahi, who switched from Electronic to Print Media is a Kashmir based Accredited Journalist who has written extensively on Kashmir for local, national and international web portals. He is currently associated with Srinagar based News Agency Kashmir News Trust (KNT).

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button